Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

How much can I lie about my height?

I'm a 21 year old male and only 5'4" or 162cm tall which is too short for a man. Do you think I would be able to tell people I'm 5'5" or 5'5.5" tall and get away with it?

It’s probably best to not lie at all. But if you do lie, you should be believable. Such as adding 2 inches to your actual height. It’s deadly, I found out that myself and my brother are 2 inches shorter than I thought we were. I am 5‘9“ and he is 5‘5“

You could probably get away with saying you're 5'5 but you shouldn't lie about your height. If you're wanting to impress somebody special, life a boyfriend or girlfriend, you shouldn't have to lie to them, if they are right for you then they won't care

• garry

men dont worry bout hight , as long as something goes in , hat matters the most .

• Sam

Wear cowboy boots, the heel is about 3"  on some of them.  Then you can tell people you are 5'7" 

You can usually only get away with about two inches or so to lie about your height, so if you're 6′1″, you could believably lie to shorter people to make them think you're 6′3″.

There is no need to lie about your height. I highly doubt anyone really cares. Who says your height is too short for a man? You are a man are you not?  You are not the only short adult male on the planet. I am also short and much older than you. Height has never been an issue. As the old saying goes" count your blessings". Are you blind or deaf or disabled? Are you starving? Do  you live in a war torn country where you fear for your life on a daily basis? The issue of your height is all in your head. It is how you live your life that matters. Treat others with respect, be honest and take pride in your work. Those are the things you will be judged on not your height. I am short and also bald- I started losing my hair as a teenager- things that so many seem to be concerned about. Neither physical characteristic has ever been an issue for me. I  am comfortable with who I am. I suggest you learn to be comfortable with yourself also, life is too short to be unhappy about what you can not change.

• keerok

Wear taller shoes to support your claim.

Don't lie... just be vague.

Simply say, "somewhere around five and a half feet... I guess."

This also gives the impression that you aren't too overly concerned about your height (even if you are).

However, on official documents and the like... you have to be accurate.

You can tell people that you are 7 foot tall .  People see you as you are and mostly do not care about your height (only you think you are 'too short for a man')

you  ever  heard  that  fable  about  the  goose  that  laid  the  golden  egg?  well … just  tell  people  you  expel  golden  turds … 5'4"  will  suddenly  be  a  wonderful  height … girls  will  swoon  all  over  you … gays  probably  will  also?  that  way … you  don't  have  to  lie  about  your  height.