Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 days ago

Anyone else hate when they follow a receipe and it turns out nasty ?

• 6 hours ago

i will not start  trying it ^v^

• SW-6
    2 days ago

Especially when I go out to specialty stores and such to get every ingredient and follow the instructions to the letter.  A big fail recently was oven roasted pork chops with gravy - I suspected it wouldn't be great due to the ingredients they instructed for the gravy - OMG it was disgusting :(

• JOHN B
    2 days ago

Of course we do. I know enough to realize that free recipes usually leave out ingredients or techniques that are found in the book they are selling. Sometimes. Your likes will not correlate with the author.

I have seldom followed an entree' recipe to the letter. Pastries are a different matter.

• 3 days ago

It happened just recently to ne and yes I hate it. 

It does not happen often as I read recipes through.  I eliminate ones that have ingredients that are impossible to find, ones I don't like or ones that will have a texture I don't like. 

I read reviews.  If the first few I read that are highly rated reviews have made changes I move on to another recipe. 

I pass on recipes that are poorly written with vague directions.

Once you have been cooking and baking for a while you get a feeling for recipes and you can pretty much tell if they are going to work or not. 

• kswck2
    3 days ago

Many people do not realize that many recipes are just Wrong. This is why you should read it several times before starting a new dish. More often than not, an ingredient is listed, but never actually used in the recipe.

That happened to me once. I made ketchup from scratch, but didn't read the recipe. The stuff came out bright Orange and got everyone that tried it sick. Turned out there was a whole paragraph missing, along with several ingredients. 

• 3 days ago

I hate wasting all the ingredients on something horrible. ....

• CB
    3 days ago

NEVER happens - ok once but it was recipe my wife found and the rating were BOGUS as HELL. I look up multiple recipes with high ratings from allrecipes and food.com etal and go from there......sometimes mixing and matching ingredients from experience.

• denise
    3 days ago

Dont we all?

We learn from our mistakes,  and amend the ingredients /  amounts!

• Ona
    3 days ago

Yes, I do. I hate throwing everything away because it just isn't edible. It's painful to have to do that. Then, there isn't anything for dinner, and I have to scramble.

• 3 days ago

I hate wasting all the ingredients on something horrible.