Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

I have AAA premier - my car won't start and it is blocking my landlord's out buildings. Will AAA tow my vehicle to the driveway? ?

I called the AAA, and they said, no, they won't, they will only tow to a repair shop.  They suggested that you call with the specifics.

If you still can't find their telephone number, post back and I'll post it for you.

• Erik

I think they won't just tow it to a different spot, you need a destination, like a repair place.  It would be much simpler and faster to just put it in neutral and push it to someplace where it isn't in the way.  Get another person to help you if you need it, even a stranger walking down the street.  Remember, even with a more expensive AAA membership, you get a limited amount of tows per year.

They'll be happy to tow it to your driveway.  In most jurisdictions (it varies by specific club), the premier package allows you to have the vehicle towed wherever the hell you want.  The basic membership will only tow you to the nearest certified repair shop, but the upgrade package gives you more options.  That's why it costs extra.

• May

This may come as a big surprise to you but you will have to ask AAA, not strangers on Y/A

Sigh....They walk among us...

They usually only tow to a repair place. But you can ask. Cant you get a few people and push it?

AAA will tow you to where the truck came from, the closest place of appropriate repair or anyplace you designate within that distance.  So they'll tow if for you - but 1 tow per breakdown so don't have them just move it then call them to come back and tow it someplace else.

Source(s): 36 years with AAA
  • Bill

Why have you not phoned AAA and asked them?