Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 days ago

Am I the biggest failure in the whole world?

I'm 23 with no work experience, no friends, no girlfriend, live at home, no driving licence, no college degree, no real hobby, no to everything?,

I'm embarrassed to say all I do is play videogames 11 hours a day or sleep excessively.I it too late to fix my life?, I'm really worried about my future.

1 day ago

I am no mental health professional, but it sounds like you may be struggling with a videogame addiction. 

Try to go three days without doing any videogaming & record your feelings & experiences in a daily journal.  And you might seek a therapist to discuss this with. 

I realize that our COVID-lockdown  has done no favors to young adults nowadays. 

But if anything is going to happen, its going to happen "out there!" 

Start by getting out of the house.  You might consider doing something physical & healthy as a first step. 

You can start with short excursions & explorations.  Public parks & hiking trails & fishing holes have once again become accessible to the public.   

With the weather cooling into Fall, outdoors may become less an option, but in most states gymnasiums (gyms) have reopened at reduced capacity.   wear a mask.

Then there are still small group activities struggling to stay open thru the pandemic.  Cooking classes at up-scale grocery stores, book clubs, and it might be cliche' but don't forget 'church' (or synagogue, mosque, temple, ashram, etc.) where I am sure your elderly relatives were harping at you to go and "find a nice partner" (that's the cliche' part).  wear a mask. 

Do you work or go to school?  Try asking to "meet-up" with co-workers or classmates for an after-work drink or snack or cup of coffee.  Not talking anything sexual here, just getting together to unwind, talk, & laugh.   wear a mask.

Lastly, there are now fully-accredited completely on-line college degrees out there (be careful to avoid the diploma-mills or for-profits).  It doesn't hurt to take even one single on-line class a semester just to keep your mind fresh and to have something to talk about at cocktail parties. 

Take it from someone with a lot more wear on my tire treads, it is never too late to "fix your life". 

Good luck. 

1 day ago

Please look after your body and mental health by getting 9hrs sleep, exercising daily, meditating daily, eating healthy meals and practicing gratitude/thinking positively.

Start doing lots of voluntary work in a wide variety of areas, sell your video game or lock it up and instead read a variety of books/do online courses, then later on you can get a part-time job and start saving your money. Then you can look for Apprenticeships/on the job training/entry-level positions or go College/Uni. 

Life is your oyster so make the most of it. Half the population are in jobs they don't like/lost in life. There are people in their 30s and 40s who are doing nothing with their life and have wasted it away so don't be like that. You are lucky you are only 23, imagine being 33 or 43 and being in this position. Just turn things around now. Maybe you are depressed and need to see a therapist? Also please socialise more, take up some hobbies, do some travelling, try sky diving or something etc. Always think positively, live in the moment, be more aware of things around you and things like leaves, plants, sky, clouds etc. 

Sit down with a pen and paper and start making some goals. 

I was also in your position. I followed those rules and now in a good job and I am starting a business on the side. I have a house, car, savings and a great partner. 

• 2 days ago

No; just pathetic. At your age, not only had my drivers license, I had worked as a gas station attendant, a janitor at Duncan Donuts, a cook at Pizza Hut and an Airman in the United States Air Force. WTF are you waiting for?

• 2 days ago

no of course not...many churches have groups for all ages..

2 days ago

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. 

You decide. 

• j153e
    3 days ago

https://www.rwm.org/ is a helpful site; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_o... is a useful checklist.

"For Couples Only";

"Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet.

• 3 days ago

OK, with that setup... what answer did you expect other than "YES."

But there is a little secret I'll tell you.  You CAN change.  Life is fixable as long as you don't have a debilitating, incurable disease.  But the impetus for that change has to come from inside you.

If you are embarrassed, use it to make changes in your choices.  Do something different.

• Chanel
    3 days ago

You need to take baby steps into the world. It is not easy but the more you try the easier it becomes.

3 days ago

No. My stepfather is. I think his blood imight be green

3 days ago

Get a job and get out of the house, try landscaping, some kind of physical activity.

Trust me, you will feel better about yourself.