5ghz wifi not showing up?

Im actually asking this to answer it myself. I tried every fix i could find, checked the supported bands through cmd prompt (which was slightly misleading to me), but nothing lined up with my options specifically. 

• David

Are you sure the router and your equipment is dual band? or alternatively you are out of range or the router has the 5Ghz band switched off

• ?

what specifically did you type into cmd? i am unaware of anything that will give you an accurate info about frequencies. you would need to look up the datasheet for your model wifi radio.

the bottom line is, if you don't see the 5Ghz wifi, either its wifi radio is broken, or your is, or your card does not support it (many don't).

• cmac'm

One thing to keep in mind is that 5ghz wifi has less range than 2.4 ghz. I get a weak 5ghz signal in my house even though the router is less than 25 feet away- through a couple of walls.

I would see if you can get a 5ghz signal when you are in eye sight of the router-try with your phone or other mobile device--this is a way of trouble shooting to see if it's a weak signal issue.

Next I would go into your router settings to see if the 5ghz wifi is setup and active. Getting into your router settings via the IP address or another way that the manufacture recommends.