Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Would you drive this car?

I'm considering getting one but I kind of want to know if other people dislike it or like the way it looks? I plan on getting one with a 6-speed manual. Would you drive this? Would you feel embarrassed if someone picked you up in one? 

• JOHN B

It would be 2 steps up for me.

• david

Drive what you can afford/like. As for that someone else's embarrassment issue, let 'em walk. 

If I'm not mistaken - that's a 2018/2019 Hyundai Sonata - definitely not my first choice (I prefer hatchbacks - so if I went with a Hyundai I would be looking at the Elantra GT - or a Veloster Turbo R-Spec) - but it's not a bad car overall (assuming it doesn't have too many miles on it, and it's been well maintained).

I would definitely prefer it with the manual - but you may have difficulty finding one as many car manufacturers are phasing them out.  A quick google search showed plenty of older Sonatas, but I glanced on Hyundai's site and the 2021 doesn't have a manual option at all (not sure when they dropped it).

• Fred

It is a reasonable car and would likely be quite reliable.  A Toyota would likely give a longer life and Toyotas have a reputation for build quality, reliability and a long life.  I have heard that Korean cars that the metallurgy in the motor is not quite as good as a Toyota and they can start to become noisy with wear after 100,000 miles but if you are a person who changes their car before that mileage then the car will be as good as any other car. 

• F

No it’s a Hyundai Accent bought by people who don’t really have any interest in cars. It is a white good ( yes esp this one) like a washing machine.

If you like beige and think having two half pints of beer is living in the edge, then this will suit you. 

It’s fine as a rental for a couple of days but no way Id buy it.

They have some tie up with Kia and some of the cars are pretty much the same cars with different grille and badges but Kia’s are much better inside.

i like the mazda car.

• lj1

That's a sharp-looking little car. Personally, I would spend a few grand more for something more reliable, like a Corolla, but I definitely wouldn't be embarrassed to drive a Hyundai Accent.

Personally I want a Dodge Challenger HellCat RedEye wide body. Yeah, its a muscle car. Anyway, I drive all make/model/year of vehicles on a daily basis for work and have driven this Hyundai. Hyundai is a decent eco car for sure. They are upgradable too. Though you realize you won't get as good on gas with a manual trans. I do love a stick too but it will take more fuel. What the heck, live a little!

It is a decent car. I say go for it!! 

Not a whole lot different from the one I currently drive.  

I would never by a Hyundai. They are cheap cars that look nice. Get a real car.