Where can i find a 1040 form?

I found a 1040 form on the IRS website, but is it OK to print it out? Or do I need an official form?

My boyfriend needs one to fill One out to claim his stimulus check and we’re having trouble tracking one down. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you may print any form and use it.  Even accounting firms use so-called unofficial forms.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Print the one off the IRS website......it is an official document.

• 1 month ago

The forms available on the IRS website ARE OFFICIAL. Yes, you can print it. It's absolutely fine. 

• 1 month ago

You can print it.  It's easier if you fill out the form first (on the computer), except for the signature, and then print the nearly-complete form and sign it.  You can also print the blank form and use a pen to fill out the form, but that's harder.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

That is the official form.

• 1 month ago

In today's world, you print the form from the web site. The IRS no longer mails them. The IRS site form is the official form.

• 1 month ago

It's too late / too early for him to file his tax return related to the stimulus.

Since he missed the 2019 tax deadline (in 2020), he has to file a 2020 form which will be available to submit at the end of January 2021.

He needs to do the non-filers process, at that time.

• 1 month ago

You can print forms from the IRS web site or fill them out on line since they are fillable pdfs.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If he is filing just to claim the stimulus and otherwise wouldn't be required to file, use the non-filer app on the IRS website. If you mail in a paper return, it won't get looked at for months so he still won't get a stimulus payment. The IRS is months behind processing any paper due to be closed for several months because of Covid. If he was required to file, you'd be better off using one of the free-file applications listed on the IRS website.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, the forms are available on the IRS website for you to print out and use.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.