Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Why do people say that the NYC subways suck, when every other American city's subways/light rail are inadequate or even nonexistent?

Favorite Answer

I am from Los Angeles. It is a WELL KNOWN FACT that the NYC subways are the BEST. First of all, they are the ONLY subway on Earth that run 24 hours a day, seven days a week.   SECONDLY they are the only subways with four lanes-two each direction regular, two direction express.  Nothing even comes close. I LOVE your subways.  But I am very sad. Your JACKASS mayor has told the transit police to stop enforcing rules against turnstile jumping, and now a third of all the people are riding for free and now they don't have the money to maintain the most beautiful and wondeful subway in the world.  I love my city of Los Angeles, but every chance I get, I got to NYC and I love your wonderful city. Particularly the FOOD. -----Gay Liberal from Los Angeles who thinks NYC is awesome.

• ?

I've never actually lived in NYC, so I can't speak to what it's like to rely on them on a day-to-day basis - but every time I have visited NYC, I have never had a problem with them.

I always stay in Camden NJ, park at the convention center and take a bus into the city - then I can go anywhere I want on the subway.

It is kinda dank and dangerous, isn't it.