Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Why do people say that the NYC subways suck, when every other American city's subways/light rail are inadequate or even nonexistent?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I am from Los Angeles. It is a WELL KNOWN FACT that the NYC subways are the BEST. First of all, they are the ONLY subway on Earth that run 24 hours a day, seven days a week.   SECONDLY they are the only subways with four lanes-two each direction regular, two direction express.  Nothing even comes close. I LOVE your subways.  But I am very sad. Your JACKASS mayor has told the transit police to stop enforcing rules against turnstile jumping, and now a third of all the people are riding for free and now they don't have the money to maintain the most beautiful and wondeful subway in the world.  I love my city of Los Angeles, but every chance I get, I got to NYC and I love your wonderful city. Particularly the FOOD. -----Gay Liberal from Los Angeles who thinks NYC is awesome.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I've never actually lived in NYC, so I can't speak to what it's like to rely on them on a day-to-day basis - but every time I have visited NYC, I have never had a problem with them.

I always stay in Camden NJ, park at the convention center and take a bus into the city - then I can go anywhere I want on the subway.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It is kinda dank and dangerous, isn't it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.