Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 2 months ago

Why is math so hard?

Look at hardest problem I've ever seen in my whole Life:

10 = a 

a > 6 + 3

Why is that?

I have 180 of iq but i can't grasp math like this.

• david

Seriously? 10=a.

a>6+3

In other words, 10 is greater then 6+3 (which equals 9). A 180 IQ can't handle that? Math is NOT hard. It's just not art. You can't bs your way through it. You've either the correct answer, or you don't. 

IQ is divided into language skills vs non-language skills.  On the whole, the two kinds of skills are highly correlated, but the correlation isn't perfect.  I have the good fortune of having very high language skills but the misfortune of having only average non-language skills. It seems like you have the same kind of misfortune.

a = 10 then a > 6+3 meaning a > 9

yes math is hard but once you get it it makes sense. its hard cause its all connected so not understanding why thing trickles down

crux of the matter is

నేను చెప్పినది నీకు అర్థము అవటం లేదు

అంటేనీకు భాష రాదు.

if you don't understand what I'm saying,

then You do not know the language.

thanks to google

• Jim

Math is a language. You must learn the basics and practice. And easier if you start young.

In this case, 'a' is a placeholder for 10

10 is greater than 9, a true statement.

Maths is NOT hard. 

Treat it like a puzzle or a crossword. These have rules to ofollow. Maths has rules to follow. it's just that the rules are difference. 

The first rule of maths is 'preserve equality'. Whatever you do to one side of the equals you must do to the other. 

For you problem / 

a = 10 

a > 6 + 3 ; substitute '10' in for 'a' 

10 > 6 + 3 

10 > 9   (Which is true)!!!!!  

If that is the hardest problem you've ever encountered then I worry about your future.

It also would tend to call into question your claim of an IQ of 180.

The more likely case is that you are not being serious in your statements but just wasting our time. Please try to reserve the Mathematics category for serious questions and go goof around somewhere else.

• fcas80

Math is hard because unlike a lot of other subjects, you can't BS your way through it.

• David

If a = 10 then a > 6+3 meaning a > 9

Note that the symbol > means more than or greater than 

It's a common problem, what I find is I can't do it and then someone shows me, they stay there for a bit until they think I get it. Then they walk away taking all the information with them.