Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 month ago

I have been turned down for over 100 jobs. Could there be something about me, or is everyone just anti-me for no valid reason?

Update:

Mr Sceptic: Instead of parroting liberal rhetoric like a mindless fool, perhaps ask yourself how a people could find themselves thrown out of so many countries without there being something "toxic" about them?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

you could ask them when you are turned down. but many are looking for jobs because they where let go because of the virus

• It's probably just you.

They've taken an instant dislike to you, possibly for good reason.

It'll likely always happen.

It's seems unfair, but that's how it is.

• 1 month ago

The basic theory for employment is : employ attitude and then train for skills. Beside right attitudes, i.e. as a dog to serve its master and friendly to colleagues, you need to be able to work-from-home. 

• Aaron
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

you should get to the bottom of your failure ,and draw a lesson from this ,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

As difficult as it is to find a job, many people have no problem at all. I'd guess it's you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

On TV in Britain there have been many interviews with young people who are finding it hard or impossible to get jobs because of the economic impact of Covid-19.

Some report applying for several hundred jobs.

As others say, simply not being invited for an interview is not 'being turned down' for a job.

Are you claiming to have been thrown out of many countries while looking for jobs in those countries?  I was taking you seriously, but now I begin to doubt your whole scenario.

• 1 month ago

Do not have controversial remarks on social media, as nowadays such media are routinely checked by potential employers.  Beyond that, are you certain you are applying for jobs that match your qualifications?  Are you asking for too much or too little money?  Has an objective third party looked over your resume for accuracy, no typos, presenting you in the best possible light?

• 1 month ago

Having lost 6 jobs in 50 years and always found another I can tell you sometimes you have to reinvent yourself. Try retraining and self searching .

• 1 month ago

Ask someone who knows you well, like a relative,  to give you an honest answer.  Assure them that you will not retaliate in any way if you don't like their answer.  Then work on changing  whatever your "problem" is. 

• 1 month ago

Stop going to interviews dressed as a clown.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.