How do I get and individual's address to have him served for rear ending me causing damages.?

I want to sue an individual for rear ending me but do not have his address to have him served. How do I obtain this information? He has USAA insurance, but they won't give me the mailing address. Can I just have USAA insurance claim agent served on behalf of there client?

That is why you exchange drivers info at the time of the crash.  You got his name, lic #, plate#,car make and you give that info to YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY.  THEY WILL CHASE HIS INSURANCE COMPANY and that is how that gets settled.  You have no RIGHT to bother the other driver. Privacy Laws prohibit you from being the chaser.

Get used to it as they have been doing that ever since my dad first started driving circa 1960

• L

You need to allow your insurance company to do this - NOT you.

• May

No you can't have USAA  served or have them serve their insured.    You must serve/sue the person not his insurance company.  Why aren't you using your own insurance for this?  That is what insurance is for, that is what they do.  You DID have the police come to the accident scene didn't you?  If you were uninsured and still want to sue, the other guys address will be on the police report for the accident.  You have the right to get a copy of the accident report for a small copy fee from the cops who came to the scene

Your car insurance company does that. if you don't have car insurance hire an attorney.

If there was a police investigation.  The other person's info would be on the report.  If you have a license plate number, contact your state's department of motor vehicles and ask what you have to do to get that information.

Have your lawyer deal with it.

• Ron

Your insurance should handling this. If you want to sue then you hire a lawyer 

Let your insurance company handle it

Let your insurance company handle it!

• Rick

let your lawyer find him legally .............................