can you trust what your gut tells you?

bill cosby is a man of integrity and reverence - not words i used but that's how i saw him

ellen degeneres was a great lady.  nice.  warm.  one of the sweetest people you can ever meet.

lance armstrong.  american hero.

"trust a book by its cover."

• 2 days ago

Yes and my intuition also..

• Ann
    2 days ago

Bill Cosby admitted in a deposition hearing that he did what he was convicted of doing to that woman and many others. Lance Armstrong admitted doping. When have you met Ellen DeGeneres? You can't always judge a book by it's cover. Only the most positive stuff are put on the cover so you will buy it.

• 3 days ago

Bill Cosby is in prison he is a loser

3 days ago

Seems more like you are asking, "Can I trust what Hollywood celebrities tell me?" 

The answer to that is obvious.  They present a glamour. 

"Glamour is the impression of attraction or fascination that a particularly luxurious or elegant appearance creates, an impression which intensifies reality. Typically, a person, event, location, technology, or product such as a piece of clothing can be glamorous or add glamour. "Glamour" originally referred to a magic spell, an illusion." (wiki)  

Celebrity is like modern politics, all smoke & mirrors. 

4 days ago

You mention ppl who probably were at some point never told no and have all too often abused that to vulnerable ppl. It's a eye-opening lesson in life. Im grateful for the NO's in my life. Yet ppl in any position of power have this overconfidence and some of this is combined with mental illness. This will teach us to DISCERN in trusting. I dont fully trust ppl because i have to see their actions. 

• 4 days ago

The 'gut' . . .  It's great WHEN IT WORKS! I've had it when I acted on my gut feelings and I was way off mark and greatly regretted my actions. Other times, I ignored the gut and spent many sleepless nights wishing I had listened to my gut! Of course, there were (minimum!) times when the gut and my actions were spot on! And so the conundrum begins - because the next time your gut speaks, you remember the positive times it works and also remember the times it failed and so you're torn on what to do! I think, just act on what you feel at the time - then let it go . . .  

• 4 days ago

Don't think you can use people in the media as examples. I mean look at Donald Trump. The world sees a mad man but Americans voted him into office. Go figure!

• 4 days ago

Usually you can.

I don't really trust anyone on their word.

• 4 days ago

You can't trust what you feel about people on television. That may hold true for people on-line as well.

You need to meet someone 'in person' and for an extended amount of time before you can get to know them. 

Judging a book by its cover is most often true. You might not want to spend too much time with any one person anyway. The aim in life is to make positive connections.

5 days ago

Actually, the saying is "Never judge a book by its cover." The majority of us never really know a celebrity or sportsperson, we just see and read snippets of them here and there until they get caught out doing something wrong.