YA: Why can't users edit their questions after they are posted?...?

Fyi.. yes i know they can info, but that doesn't address this is not what a potential viewer,answerer, would see when they first come across a question..

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Everyone can make errors.

So I think this edit option should open.

• 1 month ago

because you're a regular of the English Football Section !

hows it going Hombre! ^_^

lol..

what are you doing asking these people questions anyway ?

Firebird is a user who seems to be on Yahoo! Q&A 24/7

you know you're on here A LOT when strangers start recognising each other on here..

ANYWAY,  after having sex its too late to tell the female to be careful and not get pregnant lol

assuming of course, no condom was used and she wasn't on the pill.

also if it slipped off during sexual intercourse and the condom gets lost in her fanny thats her fault not yours so don't get stresed about it mate!

• 1 month ago

if you are careful the first time that might help..

• 1 month ago

The obvious solution is for the asker to read through their question carefully BEFORE they hit "Post" to make sure it asks what they mean to ask, that the spelling and grammar are at least passable, and that they haven't omitted the word "not" where it's needed (this happens surprisingly often).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It used to be possible, but was removed because users would change the question completely so all the answers ended up being non-answers, or they'd change 1 detail to make the question be the opposite of what was originally posted, so all the answers ended up meaning the exact opposite of what the respondent originally mean. 

In place of editing questions, the Update feature was added. Any additional information or correction/clarification of info can be done in an Update (and multiple updates are possible). That removes the ability for someone playing games with the respondents, and causing the info on the site to be less useful to those who may come here seeking it. The site was designed to be a repository of knowledge and experience, so allowing users to totally change the meaning of a question they posted, removes the usefulness of the respondents data.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yahoo does not want people misusing the Question System people can try and Hide them self's and Post something that Breaks the Rules and then Edit it and Remove it and make it look like they did nothing wrong 

• 1 month ago

Because of trolls is the correct answer. 

Let's say I ask a question, that asks,    How Many Pets you have.? 

and I get answers of 1, 3,  4, 5,  7..............etc. 

then I go back to "edit" my question to read........How many sexual diseases do you have? 

Or,  "How many men have you ever had at once? ".............

see the potential  for Troll  buffoonery there? 

That's why you can't edit questions, once asked. 

• 1 month ago

Imagine the chaos if a Trump question gets 10 answers, then the question is edited from Trump to Obama. Trolls would easily take advantage of the feature.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So you don't turn legit answers into violations

• 1 month ago

So you cannot edit your question after a few a seers you do not like or agree with and turn those answers into Chair TOS.violations that you falsely report. You can add as ma y updates to your question as you want. Those updates are often insulting ToS violations.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.