Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Trying to conceive at 35?

Never been preg before I am now worried at the fact that I can't get pregnant. I've tried the relax and stop thinking about it way... also, have been to the doc they have noticed that I have a few cysts but ok to try to get preg. should I just throw in the towel and look into adoption? I think my clock has stopped ticking for me.

Ask god for help, it will happen sometime

My mom had me at 36, she had my brother at 47

You can have kids up until 42 or so, it just becomes less of a good idea eventually. If you still feel like it keep going for a few more years!

• B

If you have tried (like sex five times a week) and still no luck after six months see a doctor. In the meantime, eat right cut out the alcohol and get plenty of bed  rest.

Your clock doesn't completely stop ticking until you stop having periods.  Menopause is when the clock stops.  Until then - pregnancy is possible.  It might just be a little more challenging.

My mother had me at 35 in 1965.

My husband's mother had him at 34 and then had a set of twins when she was 35 (also in the 1960's)

My sister had a baby at 36.

My friend had a baby at 38.

All of these were without fertility treatments of any kind.  In all of these situations, the father of the child was at least three years older than the mother of the child.  

Since you are older, if you are not pregnant within six months of trying, then you can consult a fertility specialist sooner.  

Honestly - I wouldn't give up until at least the age of 40 if you really want your own child.  And a doctor might even tell you that it is safe to try longer if you want to do that.  

• garry

volunteers to help you get pregnant .. lol  , thats if you dont mind a real man ..

Unlikely that your clock has stopped ticking at 35. Take the advice of your doctor. He/she knows your body, we do not.

My mother gave birth to me, her only child, at the age of 38, in 1946.  A little man called Adolf had kept my parents apart for a few years before that.

i would donate an organ.

Dont worry! You likely can still get pregnant, its just going to be more difficult for you. But adoption is going to be easier, cause you less pain from giving birth, and will give a nice child a loving home rather than being in the adoption system, which really isnt good for the child. So Id suggest choosing adoption as it would likely be a tad easier, but you can still get pregnant if you absolutely want to.

• Jill

How long have you been TTC?

If your doctors think it's possible you should keep trying. They would actually tell you if there was no chance. In the meantime there's no harm in looking into adoption.