What future are kids going to have with Covid?

Most schools are doing it all online but it's a disaster the kids aren't even learning anything. What kind of future are they going to have with all this? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Virtual learning is the way ahead! Even if COVID hadn't hit platforms like LurningHub, Byju's and Khan Academy had paved way for the future of education, which is online. I have seen so many children benefit from such platforms. 

• donnie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I AGREE! I think virtual learning can be a good thing as I am pro school choice. But I also support in classroom learning which this COVID-19 thing is overblown. It’s time to start going to school board meetings showing how masking kids is child abuse and not everyone succeeds with online virtual learning. It’s also time to maybe run for board ourselves 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

James, you are such a pessimist. Online learning isn't a total disaster. Kids were learning online and attending online schools before the pandemic hit. That just wasn't publicized much, which was the reason you didn't hear about it. And they thrived. But the US public education system wasn't prepared for a situation where online learning would become the new normal, and would have to be done on a national scale. As long as it was confined to a small percentage of kids, it worked well. But that is no longer the case.

The biggest problem with online learning isn't the stress it puts on parents- it's the damage that it does to the kids themselves. Kids who learn entirely online, or who are home schooled spend the great majority of their time around ADULTS, instead of around other kids their own age. This means that they miss out on the chance to develop important, even critical, social and emotional SKILLS, like how to work as a team player, how to communicate, how to resolve conflicts, and how to get along well with other people. These are all extremely important skills that kids will need in adulthood- most employers will NOT HIRE those who LACK such skills. Kids with disabilities like Autism have it even rougher in a situation like this, because in their case they already face discrimination because of their disabilities.

As a nation, the US will face a rough couple of years. But we WILL get out of this eventually, and both the schools and our economy will recover. Yes, American kids' test scores will see a very sharp drop for a few years, but that will eventually reverse itself as well.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Our kids in the U.K. learnt a lot online, perhaps the US should try harder. It's up to the parents to complain to the schools if they are not learning.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

lighten up a bit.  in a year, we hope this is at least 90 percent behind us.  kids can withstand a year without school just fine

• 2 months ago

Learn about how to plan one-on-one time, stay positive, create a daily routine, avoid bad behaviour, managing stress, and talking about COVID-19 with your child at home. Official info on COVID-19. Official WHO website. Recommendation from WHO.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.