My stepdaughter is skipping a grade because she scored higher on an IQ test & is getting straight A+'s. How is this fair for my son?

.... My son is an average student that gets C+ and B's. My stepdaughter is even helping her cousin with some of her college homework, and my husband is bragging about it, and how HIS daughter is going to be having a bright successful future.

They were in the same grade but as of tomorrow my stepdaughter will be entering grade 10 and my son whom is the same age will be remaining in grade 9. 

@ Rocky Cadena, She's not my daughter, she's my stepdaughter and she needs to be knocked down a peg or 2

Hang in there being smarter than other people academically while a huge advantage at school doesn't translate into an automatically better life, trust me I know.  Try to be supportive of both her and your son to do the best they can it takes a lot of different skills and abilities to have a happy life.  Your the adult drop your pride and jealousy.

• adam

she is very smart. he isnt . Its very fair. Get over it. She gonna be a fortune 500 CEO. he gonna take out the garbage or work construction. Obviously your genes arent very good so get your tubes tied

What the hell? How is her intelligence in any way related to your son's? It would be unfair to hold her back to avoid hurting your son's ego.

Stop being so jealous. It's damn shady you resent your stepdaughter like this. For being gifted nonetheless. There will always be kids that are smarter than her or your son. You can't resent them all.

I hope you take these comments to heart and think about how you present yourself. I feel sorry for this girl. Good thing she is skipping a grade. At least that means she will have to spend one less year living in your household.

• L

GOOD FOR HER!  Your step daughter's IQ level has NOTHING to do with your son.  NOT every child learns the same way and you should NEVER compare them to each other.  You can NOT 'knock her down a peg or two' just because she's smarter than your son.  You need to accept it and MOVE ON.

• Good

You have a jealous attitude and it needs to end right now.  This girl is a good example for the boy to follow and you should be glad that she is there for him to see how achievement gets rewarded in the real world. 

The real question is, is this unfair to your son at all?  And the answer is, no, it's not.  These are two different people with different abilities.  Each is to achieve to their own ability. 

Grow up and be happy she is as bright as she is.

.

in the real world, people like your stepson will get ahead in life

• Expat

Life isn’t fair and your stepdaughter has nothing to do with your son’s education. Grow up. 

• drip

Wow you are one heck of a nasty step mom.

Her success shouldn’t be ignored because your son’s academics are not as good as hers.

How does the success of your daughter affect your son in the slightest?  This is not some zero sum game. She is gifted, your son is not.  They shall receive according to their ability - your son the bare minimum, your daughter the maximum she can achieve. 

Why do you hate your daughter?  You should be proud that she's so smart and helping around