Ramiro
Lv 6
Ramiro asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

John Travolta dancing in Pulp Fiction, how well did he do on a scale of 1-5?

I give him a 4. He seems like he gave it a good effort and had a fun time. (but maybe you feel otherwise)

Update:

"I believe that he makes his style of dance and quality of dance match the kind of character that he is playing in each movie he does."...

You made a good point anonymous. I never thought about it that way. "John Travolta made his dancing match the character". I now have more respect for him as an actor knowing he does things like that.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Travolta is an excellent dancer.  I believe that he makes his style of dance and quality of dance match the kind of character that he is playing in each movie he does.  I have seen him dance better than that in other movies - more effort - more enthusiasm in the performance.  But, for the movie Pulp Fiction and for his character and the situation, he did a great performance.  

As a dancer in general - I rate Travolta as a 5.  On that performance - probably about a 4.2 to 4.5.   I don't think he wasn't doing his absolute best - but as I mentioned - I believe it was intentional to match the character and situation.   

• Phil
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That wasn't Travolta dancing- it was his character.  ok.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm not really into dancing, but I haven't heard people say negative things about Travolta's dancing. He was a trend setter in his early years, with a number of his early movies.

Speaking of Travolta, the actor Austin Butler who they hired to play Elvis, looks more like a very young John Travolta to me.

• 2 months ago

he probably did a six

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'll say 4.5. He's entertaining.

I recently watched Spy Hard where Leslie Neilsen and Nicollette Sheridan spoofed that scene. Stupid but funny. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'd give him a 5. He is a good dancer. Even Fred Astaire said so, and that is good enough for me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.