Ramiro
Ramiro asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

John Travolta dancing in Pulp Fiction, how well did he do on a scale of 1-5?

I give him a 4. He seems like he gave it a good effort and had a fun time. (but maybe you feel otherwise)

"I believe that he makes his style of dance and quality of dance match the kind of character that he is playing in each movie he does."...

You made a good point anonymous. I never thought about it that way. "John Travolta made his dancing match the character". I now have more respect for him as an actor knowing he does things like that.

Favorite Answer

Travolta is an excellent dancer.  I believe that he makes his style of dance and quality of dance match the kind of character that he is playing in each movie he does.  I have seen him dance better than that in other movies - more effort - more enthusiasm in the performance.  But, for the movie Pulp Fiction and for his character and the situation, he did a great performance.  

As a dancer in general - I rate Travolta as a 5.  On that performance - probably about a 4.2 to 4.5.   I don't think he wasn't doing his absolute best - but as I mentioned - I believe it was intentional to match the character and situation.   

• Phil

That wasn't Travolta dancing- it was his character.  ok.

I'm not really into dancing, but I haven't heard people say negative things about Travolta's dancing. He was a trend setter in his early years, with a number of his early movies.

Speaking of Travolta, the actor Austin Butler who they hired to play Elvis, looks more like a very young John Travolta to me.

he probably did a six

• Jill

I'll say 4.5. He's entertaining.

I recently watched Spy Hard where Leslie Neilsen and Nicollette Sheridan spoofed that scene. Stupid but funny. 

I'd give him a 5. He is a good dancer. Even Fred Astaire said so, and that is good enough for me.