Is 19 too old for me to go trick or treating? ?

• donnie

They will just think you’re a teen won’t think much of it or wear something that they can’t see you. Go ahead 

• T-half

Dress up, bring younger children, don't be insulted if people say no to you.

I loved going trick or treating long after my son said, no thanks mom, I'm too old for that kind of stuff.

So I volunteered to go with my neighbor's children.  

They liked that they were not with their mom (who was stricter), their mom liked not walking around at night, and I got to dress up and be silly. 

Trick or treating is a social event.  It's not just about getting free candy. 

The last time I went trick or treating dressed up, I was 40.  The neighbors recognized me, and when I told them by son thought he was too old.  They got a big laugh.  

(my son wasn't too old to help me eat the candy)

I still got a medium size bag of candy.

No,you are never too old to go trick or treating. 

I am 27 and i still go every year with my flatmates (a boy of 25 and a girl my age) and also two children that i often babysit (they are both 6 years old ).

We always have a lot of fun. 

What really matters is that you are,however, wearing a costume, or it will otherwise look like you are not that much in the spirit of Halloween 's tradition.

And most importantly: always be polite.

Have fun and enjoy trick or treating. 

If you feel embarassed, you could ask the parents of   a child you know if they are ok with letting him go trick or treating with you.

After all, most adults who trick or treating with their children actually use the sentence 'i take the child trick or treating '  as an excuse to go themselves too.

Yes, you're old enough to buy your own candy by then.

• Dr. D

Many people will consider 19 to be far too old to be trick-o-treating. Some people may be rude and call you out. 

The only exception is if you are a girl supervising young siblings who are trick-o-treating. So if you are a guy and know some little kids in your neighborhood, then ask their mom if she would like you to keep their kids safe trick-o-treating this Halloween. Oh, and you'll have to dress up as their older sister.  

as long as you wear a costume you should be ok. I hand out candy to anyone wearing a costume

I think a person should stop trick-or-treating when they enter high school. As an adult, you can simply drive out and buy your own candy anytime rather than walking miles in a ridiculous costume on a cold night just for miniature candy. Also, it's illegal to trick or treat in many places once you turn 13. If a 19 year old showed up at my door, I'd call the cops!

• drip

I don’t mind teens trick or treating as long as they dress in costume. Going trick or treating by yourself at age 19is rather strange. 

I had a group of college kids last year at my door. They were all in costume and behaving (not drunk) so they pretty much got all my left over candy. 

Far too old, at 19 you're considered an adult not a child.

At 19 you should be tricking and treating.