PC Shocks me?

My PC case has been shocking me

I tried touching the outside of the psu and it doesn't shock me, but the case shocks me though.

Any idea what could be the cause?

My pc is on the floor, marble floor.

I've used a multimeter and checked the phases of my wall outlet as well as the power strip and everything looks good to me.

The shock is imminent as well.

My speaker, Monitor, PC is all on the same power strip

The shock is described as tingly but "sharp?"

Instantaneous shock, intermittent, even when i keep the pc on, sometimes it'll shock me and sometimes not. 

Make sure you are not on a carpet, as this can cause static energy to build up and release when you touch a component, causing it shock you,

You may keep your PC on an insulator surface to make the separation from the floor also ensure it is appropriately earthed or not.

could possibly be a loose wire inside the case but hard to say without hands-on testing

Source(s): 20 years of working on computers and computer tech

Sounds like something isn't earthed properly.

Is your monitor plugged into a different outlet ?

Could be the PC is ok but the monitor has a problem and the [electrical] connection between the PC and monitor is making the case live.

A slight possibility is static buildup in the PC, most likely cause a fan, and you get the shock because it earths through you.

If it's static, the shock is instantaneous , if it's AC power then you get a definite 'tugging' from the shock.

Either way, it's not safe so get it checked.

The computer isn't earthed (grounded).  

Try a different power strip or plug your PC+monitor directly in the wall outlet. If you still get shocks, you mayhave bad wiring in the walls. Try a different outlet, preferably on a different wall in a different room. If you still get shocks, then it could be a site grounding issue.