is it possible to play video games and dont get addicted to it?

if yes plz tell me how to achieve  it

• 3 days ago

How are you defining "addiction"? I often play for long periods of time of six to eight hours (especially with the "new normal" these days), but yet I have no trouble recognizing if/when I've had enough and turning the console off. Inversely, I'll sometimes go days or weeks at a time without playing at all. So while I undoubtedly play video games quite a bit these, I wouldn't describe it as an addiction by any stretch.

• 4 days ago

Having a job would stop me glad I don’t have one and is addicted 

5 days ago

yes simply set limits how long you will play video games.

• garry
    1 week ago

simple if a girl cant stand you but you think she loves you , its in your head stupid . what a dumb question .

• Herve
    1 week ago

Yes. Become an adult.

• 1 week ago

Try setting a timer for yourself when you play. Say two hours. Then go do something else. Read a book. Watch a movie. Something.

1 week ago

Yes, you need to play responsibly though. I love online games, especially the card game rummy, but I make sure to not let it become addictive. Of course.  No one dies from not playing video games.

I play "Skyrim, legendary" 4 to 18 hours a day, when I can. I don't miss it when I cannot.

An addiction is when the human body becomes dependent on a use of a substance, and will become very ill when it is no longer available.

• 1 week ago

You won't get addicted if you discipline yourself. If you want to play games train yourself to only play 1/2 to 1 hour a day. You should only play games if and when you have time for it.

People become addicted to video games if they let the games consume them.

• Kyle
    1 week ago

sure.  having other goals or hobbies in life will help to.  i have a job.  so to keep my job, i focus on that during the day.  if i was addicted to video games, i probably would lose my job.  

if the weather is appropriate where you are, take a 30 minute walk or run every other day.  i would say go to a gym, but that is still risky even if it's open with covid still happening.

try reading some books instead.  there's an app called libby.  you can see if your local library is connected with it and you can download their digital books free.  get a library card and start reading a new book 

Yes, you need to play responsibly though. I love online games, especially the card game rummy, but I make sure to not let it become addictive. Here are some tips I follow:

1. Setting a time limit for every game I play. I have even set up alarms to keep a check on the time.

2. Making sure to play only when I don't have other important tasks to complete.

3. Switching regularly between games, for example, if I am playing rummy today, I'll play COC tomorrow, some other game the day after and then switch back to rummy. 

I hope these work out for you too.