Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

pregnancy ?

how likely am I to conceive if I had unprotected sex on my ovulation day? it’s been 4 days and I’ve been cramping a lot . body feels drained as well

It takes about 6-12 days for the egg to make it down the fallopian tube and implant in the side of the uterus. When you actually implant, the placenta begins to form which produces the Hcg. It is possible you could get pregnant, but unfortunately, only time will tell. You can try taking a first response pregnancy test a few days before your period is due to help you out if you are a bit impatient. Good luck!

• Jill

Up to 25% chance but whatever you are feeling now would have nothing to do with that. Until implantation (6-12 days after ovulation) you are not actually pregnant so you can't have pregnancy symptoms.  

• Etta

A high chance but it then takes around 10 days for egg to travel to the womb and then implant there so nothing happens until then so the cramping and feeling drained has nothing to do with pregnancy - basically after it implants you need the hcg levels (pregnancy hormones) to be there before there is any change in your hormones, normally about 14+ days after sex and that is why you have to wait until then to take a test.

• helene

You have about a 25% chance. But you wouldn't even BE pregnant only four days later. 

there is certainly possibility of getting pregnant

Pregnancy, also known as gestation, is the time during which one or more offspring develops inside a woman.