Should I fix the bad dent in my fender before selling my car?

Debating on whether it’s worth it to pay about $700 to get a new fender and THEN sell my 2014 honda civic lx coupe

be ye a cripple...or a guy named BOB??

Ask yourself "What is it that I want?" then what is a dent?  

.The first thing I did was grab a hammer(claw hammer is what I had) and banged away from the inside. Dent sometimes springs out. It depends on the severity of the dent. Sometimes it does not bother the paint job.  The newer cars are thinner metal than the old steel so you need either your hand or a short piece of 2x6 or 2x8 to hammer into, meaning you got to be able to reach both sides at the same time.  

. Fortunately for your species, you were born with 2 arms so it is doable. Or little brother who could hold the backer board while you tap the metal from the inside.  Maybe getting it 90% is sufficient enough for you? You can touch up the paint from an aerosol can (Dupli-Color) Good enough for the cops. They are the ones that record car color...red,green,black, etc.  

.   You may be that unfortunate to have enemies who think like "why should he have nice things?"  They exist. You won't catch them.

. Or you did the damage yourself by hitting a wall, tree, person, camera, a cow, an orangutan,or another car.

. You FAIL TO MENTION THAT.  Still driving like a Blind person on a crowded street? Then your new car will suffer the same destruction. 

. Maybe drive it with the minor dent for a few years. It matches your personality - you are not perfect either. And you got something to do while on lock down. Learn how to BONDO...gets you closer to 100% in looks and plastic lasts for 1000 years.  

. At least it is less likely to get stolen. And you save thousands on insurance on a new car...as well as the cost of a new car.

. Your Honda may last 30 years. or Longer.

Lots of YouTube videos on doing everything.  

A dent is no worse than torn jeans.  It is your car. After awhile you don't even see it anymore.

• GF

Junkyards would have that fender for $100 or less. Go there and get one

• CB

My feeling is that it would be MUCH easier to sell if the dent were fixed if the rest of the car is in good condition. No one wants to bring home a car with a badly  dented body unless the price was well below blue book value (in the trade-in value range is all you could hope for  with the bad fender). 

I say get it fixed.  I would not buy a vehicle with body damage.  

• Barry

No. If the buyer asks about it just say that the asking price takes account of it.

there's no photo of the dent but if it isn't TOO terrible, like with scratches going to the primer/metal etc, if it's just a dent then some painteless dent removal person might be able to get it out. I had some door dings on my passenger door and those came out really well, they can take out much larger dents too.