Can you drink egg nog if you have diabetes?

I'm diabetic, and while I can drink egg nog, I don't, since I don't like the taste of real egg nog (with or without alcohol), nor do I like the anything egg nog flavored, dairy or dairy free.

But I do like other dairy drinks made with or without real dairy. I normally opt for non dairy versions of things, due to being lactose intolerant. But hey a couple of real root beer floats, or homemade ice-cream a couple of times a year, is worth the ill effects, when I do indulge in real dairy drinks/treats.

• kelvin

in moderation yes

• Jake

no you'll become an addict

Yes, if you take enough insulin for the amount of carbohydrates or medication and you are not lactose intolerant. 

Add cinnamon to it and you'll be fine. 

Egg nog is just milk, cream, sugar, whipped egg whites, and egg yolks. While it is sweet, people with diabetes can still have sweet things as long as they're maintaining a balanced diet and regularly exercise, but this applies to everyone not just diabetics.