I asked this question before...no answers received...should songs on the same album contain different kinds of genres?

If i want to create an album, some cuts can contain dance pop, techno, jazz, salsa, hip hop, rnb, rock, a little blues, and funk/soul.

That's totally up to the artist. You don't have to say "kinds of genres", just say different genres".

• D50

Put whatever you like on your album. Maybe it will sell maybe it won't. Then you'll have your answer about "should".

Yes, the edges overlap anyway.

I've ANSWERED this question before.

No. It would be a mess. The chances you understand even half those genres well enough to do anything but a pastiche is basically zero.

Obviously you can make an album sound however you want, but putting it under multiple genres is a little misleading. Every album, even if it has multiple sounds, has a main overall sound and it should be labeled as such. No one really makes every song a different genre. I think there’s a category for something like that anyway.

• Ben

They could, not sure I've heard of that before. Maybe mix albums or compilation albums are like that but artists generally have a certain sound/style which they are good at and put things together around that.