I asked this question before...no answers received...should songs on the same album contain different kinds of genres?

If i want to create an album, some cuts can contain dance pop, techno, jazz, salsa, hip hop, rnb, rock, a little blues, and funk/soul.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

That's totally up to the artist. You don't have to say "kinds of genres", just say different genres".

• D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Put whatever you like on your album. Maybe it will sell maybe it won't. Then you'll have your answer about "should".

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, the edges overlap anyway.

• 1 month ago

I've ANSWERED this question before.

No. It would be a mess. The chances you understand even half those genres well enough to do anything but a pastiche is basically zero.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Obviously you can make an album sound however you want, but putting it under multiple genres is a little misleading. Every album, even if it has multiple sounds, has a main overall sound and it should be labeled as such. No one really makes every song a different genre. I think there’s a category for something like that anyway.

• Ben
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They could, not sure I've heard of that before. Maybe mix albums or compilation albums are like that but artists generally have a certain sound/style which they are good at and put things together around that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.