m asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

Do vegans and vegetarians really know what it takes to provide food?

I've seen sentences like "We get our food straight from the nature" or "by eating fruits we help trees to produce more fruits" in their comments on Instagram. Do they even know that sometimes gardeners boost those trees with things like animal blood powder?

It's called blood meal.

You are not actually refering to vegetarians or vegans, but those who only eat organically grown foods.

Vegans are vegetarians. 

They don't know what nature is. They are fine with that.

And yet I watch those battles that happened during Rome or Greece Empires or the battle of Sparta against Darius and other battles.  There is a lot of blood spilt on the land. That of men or of buffalo or Dinosaur. Much bloodshed.

Fish fertilizer or worm fertilizer, or B.S. or horse schit or sheep schit or bird schit.

...The vegans have no idea nor do they want to know how the minerals got into the soil.

...It is their false god.

• Funnel

And sht powder too. And American Indians would put a fish in the hole before they planted something. That way it was all the ingredients from fresh to powder to rich soil dont you know. 

That to this day, duh, still works very well. Just keep your pet dog away from the garden

• garry

havent you hear , they use blood and bone as fertilizer for your vegan diet , yes we dont eat meat but will grind it up for blood and bone  fertilizer , vegies grow better using it ..lol

• bill

I worry about the poor children of vegans who are going to be test car dummies for these people.

Not only blood meal but also manure is used to fertilize commercial orchards and vegetable gardens. It actually creates huge problems with runoff and water-table pollution and changes to lakes and waterways. 

So you have a choice as a vegan or vegetarian--you either accept this and eat those foods anyway, or you delude yourself into thinking you're not consuming any animal products or by-products. Most of them are probably doing the latter; disdain for commercially produced foods mean you must provide foods that AREN'T grown that way for yourself, and only a tiny percentage of them actually do that. 

Remember--just buying "organic" produce does not mean that you aren't consuming animal products or fertilizers. Manure is very much an organic substance. So is blood meal. 

So to answer your question, the answer is NO--I don't believe they DO realize how their food is produced. To my mind, this is one of the better arguments against food extremism I've read. It's actually using facts, not emotions, to make a point. 

Your ignorance is showing, not the vegetarians'.

Boosting trees with animal blood powder? Don't make me laugh. I'm aware however that animals are used with assistance in plant growing. For example, horse manure. But I'm pretty sure horses are not mistreated to get their manure.

• Anton

" ... boost those trees with things like animal blood powder?"

DAMN!!

You are even more stupid than the vegans!!