Sean asked in PetsReptiles · 1 month ago

Are there lizards where you live?

Yes, lots of brown anoles, and common floridian lizards. 

Lots of lizards, especially the western fence lizards commonly called bluebellies.  Also some alligator lizards.  This is southern California.

• Ocimom

Yes.  We are in Texas.  Mainly geckos are around here.

They have all headed south, for the winter.

Yes, but just five-lined skinks, as far as I have seen. In general, the farther south and west you go, the more different kinds of lizards you see.

Not in my backyard. I do see some salamanders once in a while but not lizards. I do see them a short distance (about 3 miles) from home, in a regional park. 

• ?

I have seen more snakes than lizards. 

• sure!  i  see  one  in  the  mirror … every  morning.

Geckos, Skinks, Anoles(5 different types)and a bunch of non-native live in my area. Inculding some up to 5 plus feet long.

• Mark

Yes, it drives me crazy, not because I am scared of them, but they tend to run from the grass verge into the bushes across the sidewalk.  (They're lizards, so why are they playing "chicken"?)  It's like you are the train, and some other lizard has "double dog dared" them to run across at the last moment before you step on them.