I want to become a child actress . I have got a chance about auditioning but my parents say that because of COVID-19 ?

please help me!! have waited since I was 10 and THEY SAID BECAUSE OF COVID WE ARE NOT GOING ANYHERE PLSSS HELP ME 

You really don't want to be a child actress, I promise you. For one thing, 99% of child actors and actresses grow up to be really, really screwed up people. 

(Just look at Lindsay Lohen - she was a marvelous child actress, but she's just one of many, many miserable people who grew up in the life who've wasted their own lives.) 

Anyway, there's auditioning, then there's auditioning. There are lots of scams out there, and they can see a sucker coming a mile away. Real production companies are also taking a Covid break. 

Someday you may be grateful that your parents care about you. 

Now is not a good time to travel. There's nothing anyone can do if your parents aren't willing to travel.

Your parents are helping you by keeping you safe.

It sounds like you have some delusions about “getting discovered” at an audition.  That’s not how the industry really works.  Professional acting is a business.  People are in it to make money, not make some kid’s dream come true.  Scams and rip offs prey on that delusion.

I’m sorry you’re upset - but your parents are right.  

Your parents don't want you to die. You should thank them. You can start auditioning next year.

• Cogito

If you're old enough to be on this website - 13 - you've already left it far too late.  The children you see on TV, on stage and in movies have all been attending the top children's drama schools since they were about 6 years old.  It takes years of training and loads of experience to get any real auditions, as you'd need to be signed with a really good agent.

Genuine auditions are not advertised in public and no genuine production company would ever audition children other than through a top agency.Your parents are right.  At the moment, attending any sort of audition would be very foolish.  If it's an open call, where anyone can attend, it's going to be a scam.  My daughter is a professional actor and since March, the only auditions she's had have been done online or she's been asked to record herself and email the results - for safety reasons.Get into a good class when the Covid crisis is over, join a good youth theatre, and make a start.  But on average it takes at least seven years of training and experience before an agency would even consider you, so you'd be at least 21 by then.Be realistic and don't get scammed!

I can't help you, because your parents are making the best decision they can in the circumstances.

They would rather disappoint you now that risk infection. This is reasonable.