Canadians, do you really bag milk?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on where in Canada you are.  Here in the Yukon, we don't, but when I lived in Ontario, we did.  A 4 litre bag contained 3 bags of milk, and one used a special pitcher to hold them.  This is absolutely true, and worked very well indeed.

• In Ontario it's common.  You buy a jug (plastic works fine, or glass if you prefer), and fill it with bagged refills.  It's really simple.  

• 1 month ago

yup                   .

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Yep.

Two points.

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

When we lived there (Toronto and area - early 70s to late 1980s) they did.   And they sold plastic jugs for the bags to fit.   Maybe because of cutting back on plastic, they no longer do?

• 1 month ago

nope not where i live - westcoast

• 1 month ago

Yup, in the populated areas that's a real thing.  They do it because it's cheap, and all the stores in Ontario & Quebec sell pitchers that fit the bags.

We can still buy it in cartons too, though.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Currently no, only in Ontario and Quebec is there bagged milk. Before in the 80s, early 90s there was bagged milk on the west coast. 

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not all of Canada but some provinces, yes.

I live in Ontario and yes, you can buy a 4 litre bag, containing 3 smaller bags, of milk.

• opurt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In most of Ontario and Quebec you can buy milk in bags, but only for the 4L size. The 2L and smaller sizes are in cartons like everywhere else.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I live on the west coast, and we don't.  But we hear they do over in the east.  Then again back there they probably say the same thing but in reverse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.