Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 7
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Both Scientific American and the New England Journal of Medicine correctly call Trump dangerously incompetent. Why does Trump hate science?

Why does he think he knows more than the experts?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/08/ne...

Update:

Scientific American and The new england journal are, of course, both American publications. I often use the 'Guardian' as a source because I know my question will post. Yahoo hides posts with certain websites. If I link directly to the sources, my question may not post. I don't know.

Update 2:

They are calling him incompetent because of his handling of the Coronavirus, and are concerned about more loss of life.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's obvious that trump is dangerously incompetent both by his actions, his lies and his record. He's a NYC thug, a draft dodger, a sexual abuser, a tax fraud, a failed businessman, an unindicted co-conspirator, a racist and a demagogue wannabe. 

He hates science because he is incapable of understanding it. He may be a tough guy, but his intellectual development is arrested (like most cons & pubs).

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Trump surrounds himself with experts. Sadly many of them turn out to be  self serving hacks. But it is also a well known fact that he listens to all of them and as duly elected Commander in Chief is tasked to make the final decision.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

He panders to his conservative supporters who are too religious to believe science. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Is that the same science telling you the sea level is rising, and that we only have ten years till the world ends

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sounds less like science and more like DNC-paid political opinion piece.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No respectable doctor would diagnose someone they havent treated, let alone met.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.