Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 2 months ago

Will getting a degree in Criminal Justice help me get a job as a paralegal?

Will I get a pay raise for having a degree in a related field and a certificate in paralegal students ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Not really.   THE problem is that there are few open, available jobs in the vocational field of Law.   There are law schools on every corner.   We, in The USA, have an absolute glut of Legal Professionals.   

Source(s): life
  • 2 months ago

With bachelor's degree in CJ plus 2-year ABA-approved paralegal program, PERHAPS a criminal defense attorney or firm would be interested in you. Of course, you'll need to be exceptionally well prepared in court motions & pleadings, criminal-related paralegal work, so your performance in those classes will be important, more important than, say, intellectual property filings, or probate work, etc.

• 2 months ago

You are still going to need a paralegal degree or certificate of some kind in order to work as a paralegal.  An additional degree will make you more desirable when looking for a job, but it won't increase your pay.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are a child in high school. SHUT UP.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

i think it could help

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It might help you get a job, but in reality, a degree in criminal justice really isn't particularly applicable especially if you work for a divorce or immigration attorney.

A criminal justice degree is good for people who want to work in law enforcement.

No, I doubt you would get paid more as a paralegal if you have a criminal justice degree.   Why should you?    You won't have any additional job duties or responsibilities because of your degree.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You will have tons of competition because there are lots of grads going for that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.