Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

What was the point of Lindsey Graham saying this?

On October 3rd 2018, After the Kavanaugh And Ford testimony, shortly before the vote to confirm....Graham said he won’t fill a vacancy in 2020 after the primary process has started.   Obviously that wasn’t true.....

So what was the point of him saying that?

@ken: actually he said this AFTER the Kavanaugh hearings.

Favorite Answer

Wow Lindsey Graham lied.   There's a surprise!

The argument over the appointing a SCotUS judge in 2016 had nothing to do with "waiting to hear the voice of the people"

It had everything to do with - We hold the power here, so we are going to do what we want - F-k you.

And now, 45 days away form an election, as opposed to 300,  All this "they were mean to Kavanaugh"  or "the people spoke at the 2018 midterms" and other excuses are all BS.

The reality is that it has everything to do with - We hold the power here, so we are going to do what we want - F-k you.

The Republicans are just too chicken-sht to come out and actually say that.

• ken

He changed his mind because of the $hit show by the Demorats during the Kavanaugh hearing.

“I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2020 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination."  Graham has the rare ability to lie with complete sincerity to get what he wants.

The last time I saw him bring it up he was standing by it. But that was about a month ago. If he changed his mind then I say he is being wise, but said a stupid idiot thing when he said how he would vote before the thing came up! He didn't know the surrounding circumstances they would be facing now. I think Graham said what he said because he was pressured into it because the Democrats had blood in their eyes because Trump got two picks for the Supreme Court!!!!! So, they were looking to make someone pay for angering their special little entitled buttholes and there was Graham. Which tells me that McCain and Graham still is a thing in politics. Graham talks tough, but has produced nothing that I can see.

Actors and politicians give the public a good view on what white and class entitlement looks like. Yet the white liberal preaches as if entitlement is a bad thing. They are the entitled, privileged people. Aristocrats.

He is a liar who may lose along with Trump.

He's allowed to change his mind.