Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 2 months ago

Is this enough food for 60 people. ?

Having about 60 adults for a 1pm baby shower. Is this enough food?

Food will be there exactly at 1pm. 

120 pieces of mixed chicken10 pounds of italian beef with au ju, italian bread, and peppers3 full trays of mostaccioli 1 full tray of potato salad1/2 tray full of raw veggies instead of a veggie platter 

1/2 tray full of mixed fruit

Dinner rolls 

3pm starts baby games

4pm gift opening and desserts 

Desserts will include cake, rice crispy treats, cake pops, and decorated cookies 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Who needs a baby shower that huge?

• 2 months ago

Hmmm... I didn't think baby showers had so much meat on the menu. 

• 2 months ago

Hello, i am hungry, may i join?

• 2 months ago

It's not safe to have that many people gathered. What if the mother gets sick and loses the baby?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

provide plenty of alcohol and they wont notice

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, it sounds like plenty,   can I come?.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's plenty of food.    I think you're going to have quite a bit of meat left over and the fruit/veggies will be gone.    

Your timing/order is bad.   No more than an hour to eat.  Baby games comes last so you don't hold your guests hostage.    

It's going to take a very long time for someone to open that many gifts.   Even if they only spend three minutes on each gift...that's still three hours to open 60 gifts.   Your party starts at 1 PM and you don't want the gift opening to start until 4 PM.    No one wants to spent 7 hours at a baby shower.

There is a reason most baby showers do not have that many people.  Rethink your plan.

If you must have 60 people,  consider moving the party to 2 PM so you don't serve a meal.   You can just have some canape, play a couple games, then get the gifts opened and serve cake and tea/coffee.    You really can't expect people to stay longer than about three hours total.

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Agreed. 

Having a baby? Let's surround it with possible Covid-19 cases and kill it. You are a sick and stupid individual if you want to celebrate a miracle by playing Russian roulette with a newborn which is exactly what someone is doing when they invite 60 people who haven't been tested and false negatives are just as likely as false positive. Testing still remains iffy. If I wasn't clear, f|uck you, you stupidly disgusting waste of flesh. Bye bye troll. Wow, you're really ugly.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sixty people during COVID? I guess you live in Florida.

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You will have left overs. 2 chicken pieces, rolls, potato salad veggies, fruit and desert

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.