Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

Should i practice taekwondo or karate shotokan?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

How about kung pow

• 1 month ago

If you are serious, meet the teacher.  Ask the teacher if you can watch his or her class that he or she would recommend for your level.  They will say yes.  But, on the first time, they will want to make an impression.  So, pay little attention to lesson 1.  Then, ask if you can come back and watch again for lesson 2.   Next, after lesson 3, ask to see the most advanced class that the school has.  

Repeat for the other way.   At the end of both, tell the teacher something about yourself that you feel is a limitation, and listen very, very, very carefully to how they reply.

Pick the one you want to go on a date with for at least 2 years.  Also, pick the one that you can see yourself practicing.  

Be polite.  Study the manners of that system before you go, and bring the teacher a packaged and sealed box of green tea; give it as a gift for his/her time just before you leave.  Tell them you are thinking about it. 

After handing the tea, take 3 steps back, bow as well as you can, and thank them for their time.  Turn and go. 

Take exactly three days before deciding.   

Ahan

• 1 month ago

I would choose Shotokan karate bcz i like karate.

• 1 month ago

Out of the two choices giving, I would choose Shotokan karate.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

how about kung fu , it is synomis with being a non violent sport . like to see a karate or taekwondo try to beat a kung fu expert .

• Steel
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Which location near you that teaches either has the better school/teacher/regimen? If you've narrowed it down to those two choices, that should be the determining factor.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Whichever you enjoy.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on what you are looking for.TKD is martial SPORT not martial art.

TKD is derived/offshoot of Shotokan Karate.

Easier way. TKD is more kicking, and sport based. Shotokan is more traditional martial art based.

Look into each and see which one suits what you are looking for. Both are so similar that the basic few forms are identical.

TKD is Korean and Karate is Japanese.

It is all on what you want to get out of it. And you get out of it what you put into it.

• Paul
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

how about both ? now theres food for thought

• Robin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Origami. ......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.