Exercise after shoulder surgery ?
I will be having my labrum repaired (arthroscopic SLAP procedure) next week. I am wondering if I will be able to go on runs or bike rides a few days after the surgery? I am aware this may not feel great on the arm, but what I am really concerned about is would this injure the shoulder? I mean there is nothing wrong with my legs so I don’t see why not but just curious what others think. Thanks.
- FantomLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
1. Read your after-surgery instructions very closely.
2. Do the exercises directed by your doctors and physical therapists.
3. Attend physical therapy as scheduled.
4. A fall or collision can compromise your shoulder.
5. Additional questions should be addressed by your health care professionals.
- TavyLv 72 months ago
Of course not. Your body will be moving when running, and as for holding the handlebars of a bike !! You will have stitches in your shoulder and swelling.
- kelvinLv 72 months ago
you need to follow the advice of your doctor
- FuhrLv 62 months ago
Ask your physician, not random people that are more likely to yell "Trump!", "Biden", or "Peking Boulevard!"