Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 months ago

Do cats like Iams dry cat food?

My store was recently out of the Fancy Feast dry I normally get my cats, so I got Purina One on sale, 2 for one, and they won't eat it. They have Iams on sale this week and I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't want them turning their noses up again. Is Iams tasty to cats?

They have liked other different foods I've gotten before - Fancy Feast is not the only thing they eat.

• Ocimom
    Favorite Answer

With dry food you cannot just switch brands and expect them to eat it.  Dry food is not all that good for cats - causes obesity and UTI issues when feed too much.  Best to feed more quality canned food - try giving your cat Fancy Feast  (no fish based ones)  canned food instead.

BTW Iams USED to be quality food until Proctor and Gamble took the company over - the quality dropped drastically.

They eat what you buy or they dont eat.   I dont understand people who allow their pets to be picky.

Put down the food that you bought and offer NOTHING else.   They will eventually eat it.

Iams is a low quality food, just one step up from Meow Mix.  Cats generally dislike changing foods, which is why I offer them up to five different dry foods, including Greenies, Temptations, Hills Oral Care, any of several Hairball Control, Nulo, Wellness, etc.  Same with the canned foods, choice of constantly rotated brands and flavors.  Result is some decidedly chubby cats.  I keep telling Alberto he's overweight, but he remains unconvinced, and Gummi Bear purrs when I call him a fat black cat.

• Maxi

Iams is the cheap supermarket product of Eukanuba.sounds like you buy whatever is cheapest and 'on offer'....... feeding kibble only can result in lots of health issues, such as kibble only fed cats will get more UTIs

yeah you can feed it to your cat.

sure some does

• Lisa A

Cats hate change. 

If no cats ate it, they would soon stop selling it because no one would buy it. It's impossible to predict what an individual cat will like. Many of them like what they've always had, and don't like a change of food.