Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

My Fallout 4 keeps crashing for no apparent reason, is there any way to fix it?

I originally had 227 mods installed and 216 plugins running but after deleting some because my game wouldn't load, I now have 152 mods installed and 130 plugins running but, here's the kicker, I verified the game files twice because the game didn't still work and now it completely doesn't work anymore. I started the game but it kicks me out after 5 seconds after starting it. Is there any possible way to fix this? Oh, when I originally had this game for the first time, it was cracked and it worked with 150+ mods running and now, brand new with the newest update, it doesn't. Please help...

• Favorite Answer

you probably invoked a corruption, with that many mods it's hardly surprising... why don't you try reinstalling it to a different folder (vanilla) ie just by itself,  and see if it runs, if it does it's obviously one or more of those mods..

That is because you haven't bought the latest version of Skyrim...

• you must have upset Todd Howard and he now requires a blood sacrifice. sorry m8

Fallout 4 is an amazing game, don't get me wrong, but it seems to crash for everybody. I have not been able to play a single fallout game released after fallout 3 for more than 3 hours without it crashing. Some people in the comments are saying that it crashes because you cracked it, which is understandable. A lot of the time, cracked games perform worse than they normally would, but I don't think thats the case here. I think it's bethesdas fault. 

You may have to completely delete the game and reinstall it. It's possible that some of the mods you had messed with the coding.

• Jo

Here's how to fix it: Throw that piece of garbage in the trash.. or delete the file, or whatever. Fallout 4 is **** and an insult to the rest of the series, it's not worth your time, or anyone else's for that matter.