Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jack asked in SportsHockey · 7 months ago

How Much Will It Help My New York Islanders,Next Season,If Lou Lamoriello Makes The Following Transactions?

Lou Lamoriello Would Trade Andrew Ladd,Anthony Beauvillier,Josh Ho-Sang & Kieffer Bellows To The Winnipeg Jets For Patrik Laine.

He Would Also Sign Alex Pietrangelo & Torey Krug & Also Resign Matt Martin,Mat Barzal,Derick Brassard,Ryan Pulock & Andy Greene.

After Everything Is Done,Barry Trotz Can Put The Lines Together Like This.:

Left Wing-Center-Right Wing

Anders Lee-Mat Barzal-Patrik Laine

Josh Bailey-Brock Nelson-Jordan Eberle 

Leo Komarov-Jean Gabriel-Pageau-Derick Brassard 

Matt Martin-Casey Cizikas-Cal Clutterbuck 

Left Defense-Right Defense

Nick Leddy-Johnny Boychuk

Torey Krug-Alex Pietrangelo 

Andy Greene-Ryan Pulock 

Starting Goalie

Semyon Varlamov

Backup Goalie

Ilya Sorokin

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

None of this is going to happen no matter how many times you ask.  Lou is a mediocre GM (Kyle Dubas has had to use assets to bury Lou's horrible contracts).  

Pietrangelo has had facial hair for well over half a decade.  Why would he succumb to Lou's rules on facial hair?  Plus, he has zero connections to New York.  Plus, why go through the next 2 seasons playing games all over the area?  

I thought Robin Lehner was going to NYI...how'd that work out?

Why would Winnipeg trade Laine for junk?  Would you trade a dollar for six dimes and five pennies?  

Can't afford Krug either.

What would be hilarious is if Barzal got offer-sheeted (CBJ is clearing assets like they're planning on it).  I mean, NYI "could" match but then you're pretty much locked in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.