Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

What's the best age to get pregnant ?

I just want to know biologically the best time, please no answers along the lines of "whenever the couples ready" or "when you are financially, emotionally etc in the right place" or anything like that 

i really think age 27 is perfect.  you're out of school and established in your career, but young enough to be able to chase munchkins around 

No question about human choices is purely biological and medical. Societal influences inevitably come into the equation.

The answer would be different depending on whether you are living in an 'advanced' western society, or in a refugee camp in the middle of nowhere, or in a strongly religious community where you are 'expected' to get married and have a baby young, or not to have a baby until much older, etc, etc.

My mom had me when she was 39 and I'm her only child...I'm 25 and healthy...

• LizB

Both men and women are at their peak fertility between the ages of 15 and 25. However the female body does not reach its full adult growth until the later teen years, so pregnancy as a younger teen can increase risks for mom and baby, as well as hamper mom's health and growth since pregnancy & breastfeeding are extremely nutritionally demanding. In other words, if you're going to have a baby super young, 20 would be better than 15.

But as we all know, safe pregnancy and effective childrearing is about more than biology. Emotional and financial preparedness of the parents DOES make a substantial difference in how well children are raised, and has significant implications for their long-term health and well-being.

• God

About 25 is ideal.  Plenty of eggs left in case it takes awhile.  By 25 you've been around the block a few times so you're not a child raising a child.

• nalla

Depending which backward country you come from it could be as young as 10 and go on til she is 45

From a biological aspect only - anything between about 21 to 31 for women.

Before 21, the body MIGHT still be growing and developing.  Your physical body is not completely mature until 21.  You shouldn't be growing a baby while you are growing.

Sometime during the early to mid 30's, fertility begins to decline and by late 30's other risks begin to increase.  

Personally, I have two children.  I was 24 when I had the first and 29 when I had the second.  I had no issues or complications with either one.

Generally its considered within your 20s immediately after or during ovulation. By 30 fertility starts going down.