fake news says, "Polls show Trump has no chance"?

Didnt the polls in 2016 say the same thing? 

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The President was so right about this absentee voting and mail in voting.  Harris County said they'd mail our absentee ballots 45 days before election.

I called second time today, after emailing earlier, and our absentee ballot were just mailed out 9/28/20 or two weeks later than said.  The excuse was only so many people allowed in Chris Hollins sight and they are getting the ballots out as fast as they can.  I even have my mail carrier on alert for my absentee ballot.  President Trump knew this was going to be a fiasco and it certainly has become one.  Of course, we have a Democrat Mayor in Houston and Chris Hollins is a Democrat Harris County Clerk.  Lord Help Me!  Right now, I doubt if I'll get an absentee ballot if the Democrats have anything to do with it.  

• 4 months ago

I sure hope his bribery claim doesn't make small business owners vote his way.  , Sadly, polls are only as useful as the electoral college deems.

• 4 months ago

This is nothing more that more Liberal Propaganda; Telling the Sheep what the Media wants to be true, in hopse that it will get more sheep moving to the left !!!

Just like Hilary is up by Double Digits !! :)

• 4 months ago

Clinton won the popular vote by over three million votes but lost the electoral college. During slavery, the north had more votes than then the south. The South didn’t want slaves to vote but wanted to count them in their population totals towards the number of electors.

The electrol college was their solution.

It is pass time to get rid of it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

It's not just Democrats that he's made crazy - he brings out the worst in his followers too. We are ALL his entertainment. 

Manipulating the media is Trump's favorite hobby. The reporters should stop camping out at the White House and go find some actual news - Trump is toast. 

I just don't see how he can win - if the votes are counted - which is why he's trying to stop the counting. 

As sorry he was to have won last time, he's a really sorry loser. Maybe he'll just stage his own death so he can watch his beautiful funeral on TV, then escape to Russia.

• Tmess2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Actually, the polls don't say anything.  They give data and people then interpret the data.

Interpreting that data requires a basic understanding of statistics, which very few reporters took in college, and even fewer talking heads.  

One basic thing you need to understand is something called a margin of error.  Put in plain terms, if you flip a coin 1,000 times, you will get something close to a 500-500 split between heads and tails, but you are unlikely to get an exactly 500-500 split.  With opinion polls, the number that you get could be off by as much as 4% per candidate.  So any margin closer than 8% could actually be a tie (or the trailing candidate could be ahead).  Now, it is very uncommon for polls, especially for President to be 8% off.  But it is not unusual for them to be 2-3% off.  And the final polls in 2016 only showed a margin of 3.2% (with the final margin being only 2.1%, an error of about 1%).

The handful of talking heads who actually understood how flimsy the margins were in 2016 were saying that Clinton was favored to win but noting that it was close enough that Trump might win if there was a "normal" error in his favor (and ultimately, there was a normal error in his favor which allowed him to win by 80,000 votes).  

Now there is still 4 weeks to go until the election and things can change.   (In 2016, Clinton's lead in the RCP average shrunk by about 2%.)  Today, however, Biden's lead is over 8% -- about 3% larger than Clinton's lead at this point.  So Trump has a chance, it's just a lot smaller than it was in 2016.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

delete fake news and insert real news.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

The fake news said he had a 20% chance.  He's got a 20% chance right now and he will make the best of that 20%.

Source(s): Pareto Principle.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Polls are all about popularity, and Hillary did win the popular vote... so the polls were not wrong.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It is not fake news........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.