Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 2 months ago

Why do they alternate days? Why not just keep them each in 1 class?

My school does this thing where if there's a Special Ed kid in any class, they assign a teacher aide to the class to help keep an eye on them so the teacher can focus on the whole class. I'm in 2 classes like that this year (senior), and I've been in at least one every year where a special needs kid has an aide. 

One thing I noticed is that there's typically 2 aides who alternate days in classes. For example, on Monday, Aide 1 will be in Class 1 while Aide 2 will be in Class 2, and then they switch every other day. Why doesn't the school just keep them in 1 class permanently? 

Tips for online learning from https://bitly.com/3oQZOUC

• Nicey8

The school has its challenges and deployment problems. Try to be more understanding.

they may be part time so that the school doesn't have  to give them benefits

Since every school has different policies, the people to ask would be the administration staff at your school.

Maybe they want the aides to experience a variety of teaching skills.

It may be some system your school uses. Most places that I know of one aide is assigned to one student and will go with that student to any classes necessary (i.e. always the same aide with the student).