Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

How to carry a conversation with any subject?

I want to be more smart and show people I’m smart. I don’t know about a lot of things. I would like to ‘go hard’ on every subject. Lol 

Favorite Answer

Having a fairly good handle on a wide range of subjects would require a great deal of knowledge. To accrue that kind of knowledge, you'd need to tackle one subject at a time. Obviously you're going to take in most of this information through reading. If you're not a big reader, give up on the idea of becoming well-versed in a wide range of subjects and being adept at conversing about a wide range of topics because it will never happen. You will either commit to reading and learning a lot or you will set some other goal for yourself. 

I've read hundreds of novels, scores of history books... I've read about sociology, psychology, politics and science... 

I love maps, I love art, I love music... I play several instruments, visit museums regularly, and love to cook and to travel. 

I keep up with the news and current events - not just what affects me directly, but what's happening all over the world. 

I'm passionate about several sports, aside from reading and cooking and traveling I like to fish and to hike... One has to have interests and personal passions to be able to offer up anything of substance in a conversation. 

Sometimes people talk about something incredibly niche like investing in a hedge fund or a specific model of tractor and I don't really have much to say, but I know enough about economics and agriculture to be able to offer something. 

Live a full life and strive to be both knowledgeable and wise, gain knowledge and acquire experience. Know when to speak and when to remain silent. Know when to listen and how to differentiate really listening from simply hearing... 

Do all of that and you will find yourself well on the way to being a good conversationalist.