How do I update my version of email so that I can send and receive emails on Windows 10 mail?

• Rick

are you getting e-mails that are telling you to 'update' ???  those are SCAMS, ignore them .......................

You already have the latest version of Yahoo Mail. Your account updates itself from time to time, so you don't need to do anything to it for that matter. 

As a friendly reminder, scam messages that request you to "upgrade" your email account must always be ignored and deleted right away. Yahoo does not ever send you unsolicited emails for this nefarious purpose often perpetrated by hackers and scammers.

It is always current. If you got an email to update, look at the header again. it is not from yahoo.

• Sharon

You don't. Yahoo Mail is using the most recent update. You have it each time you log into your account.

You automatically get the latest version.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN9127.html