Chum asked in SportsGolf · 2 months ago

Is it weird for a woman to take a man a small gift on the first date  like a shot glass with the golf ball made in it because he loves golf?

• 1 week ago

not weird, but it certainly conveys your intentions.  but as a guy who loves golf, it would be rude to turn the gift away, but unless the golf ball is the one I play with, I wouldn't use it, which would hurt your feelings.  But, I would store it somewhere or put it on display at work just to remember the gesture.

If you want to really impress the guy, take him golfing and play with him.  Or let him teach you something on the range.  

You give golf gifts on dates?  I would date you - and I'm very happily married.  He'll like it.

If he doesn't - call me.

I would love that.

I would be flattered that she went to the trouble...

• It's odd for a first date, but it's a lovely (if unnecessary) gesture.  

Weird?  women are weird.  People like when they receive gifts.   Not weird....

I think he would be flattered. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's not weird or unusual either. I hope the date goes well. :)

Its unusual to say the least.