sean asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

does skitsophrenia make you think you have alot of different other mental conditions?

im very paranoiad around people, INTENSE social anxiety,have a hard time understanding non verbal communicaton and the context to things.

yet no one around me ever  suspected i have skitsophrneia so hopefully i do not. i know that no body can diagnose me, but im worried as hell...how do i rule out possible skitsophrenia? 

because i had two marijuna gummies,  ever since, my anxiety has been INTENSE. its been a month now....but doctors say im medically healthy

UPDATE: note i also tend to think i have alot of issues wrong with me medically and mentally sometimes...but hpyercondraic is a symptom of skitsioprneia.  and i do have an anxiety issue

Favorite Answer

One of the symptoms of schizophrenia is delusional thinking and paranoia.

However, the fact that you have anxiety, have a hard time understanding non verbal communication and understanding situations in context can be a symptom of an Autism Spectrum Disorder and NOT schizophrenia.

You don't say how old you are and so I will advise you like an adult:

You need to make an appointment to see your own medical doctor first and discuss this with him or her.  If a neurological exam or psychological testing is necessary to diagnose you, your own doctor can set this up.  But if this is a simple anxiety disorder your doctor can prescribe medication for this.

• LAN

You aren't schizo.   You are just an idiot.  Your spelling proves that.

Schizophrenia is a pretty bad mental illness. I don't think you have it but then again being paranoid about being sick could be a symptom. No, I'm just messing with you man. I don't think you have it.

You sound like a very anxious person in general, that's probably all it is, is just anxiety. Anxiety causes a plethora of symptoms in itself. Schizophrenia is not what you're describing, you'd be having delusions and hallucinations too. Im under the impression you're just anxious as hell but I'm not a psychologist and there's not enough info to really know from what you've written, I have struggled with anxiety disorders all my life though and I started out feeling the way you do mostly with severe social anxiety and hypochondria. You're okay. Even if you have a disorder you can treat it. You won't feel this way forever you'll get it sorted out. I've been there, I know it's scary but it will be okay. See a therapist or psychologist and talk to them about all of this so they can properly diagnose you. Try therapy first before medications. NEVER take xanax or any addictive meds it is not worth it. People become addicted too easily. If you're spiritual, pray, God will help you. God bless in Jesus Name.