Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 2 months ago

Ear drops not staying in my ears ?

I have antibiotics drops for ear infection. 10 drops once a day for 7 days. I pull my ear up. Drop them in. And lay for 10 min. I get up and the liquid does not stay in. Is this normal or why is it doing that?

Can ppl be mature on here? Every time I ask a question ppl always answer with dumb *** ****. You’re not funny. I guess it’s good to make yourself laugh. 

First, tilt your head to the side, so your opposite ear is near your shoulder. If this is uncomfortable, you can also lay down on your side with the affected air up. Pull your ear backward and up to open up the ear canal, then instill the drops. After, hold your finger over your tragus, the small skin flap, over the opening to help push the drops down. Be sure to stay laying or with your head tilted for as long as indicated on the package instructions, or for up to a few minutes. If you can not stay in this position, you can use a clean piece of cotton to block from drainage. 

• k w

warm olive oil, helps loosen earwax......use an eyedropper and just work on one ear at a time....let the oil work on it for a few minutes at a time...

Ask your doctor

• Tavy

Put in 2 drops at a time, lay in the other side for a minute, sit up and another 2 drops and so on. You are flooding your ear canal which is narrow.

There are NO doctors on yahoo.  Call and CONSULT with your Dr. or you vet (since you posted this UNDER the DOG section).  Odds are you are NOT applying the drops correctly or have an unusual ear shape.

Ask your vet for info.