Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 2 months ago

Do I have a talent for drawing?

I suffer from anxiety, I like drawing to control my anxiety attacks, I wanted to know if I draw well

• gerald
    Favorite Answer

Does it matter the whole part of the exercise is to enjoy it dont make it a part of your anxiety , its not a competition , i taught myself to paint in oils and at first it was difficult so dont expect Mona Lisa to start with 

That depends on your age but anyone can get good

Artists don't feel the need to have others validate their work. 

No, you don't.  But don't let that stop you.  You'll get better with practice.  

Artists don't feel the need to have others validate their work.  They draw because they WANT to. 

• Cogito

If drawing helps you to feel less anxious and more relaxed and calm, it's a wonderful thing.  I love to sketch too, or just colour pictures in, but I have no real talent as an artist.  Keep drawing for your own enjoyment, but sadly I think that neither of us has the ability to draw well!