????
???? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

How come Im not losing 3 pounds a week?

I've been on a 1000 calorie deficit for 5 months and only lose 8 to 10 pounds a month, is that normal? Or am I eating too much still and not exercising enough?  I'm 6ft 366 pounds and lost 80 pounds so far in one year....

I eat 1500 to 1700 calories a day and drink one whey iso protein shake a day

• .
    Favorite Answer

As your weight drops your calorie needs change. 1700 calories or less is WAY too low for someone your size. The faster you lose weight, the less chance of keeping it off long term and the higher chance you're also losing muscle tissue (which is NOT a good thing). The more muscle you lose, the slower your metabolism.

.

The calculator below will help you determine what your daily calorie needs are for fat loss or weight maintenance. A fat loss of 3 lbs/wk is doable but not easy. A 1 - 2 lb/wk loss is easier to maintain long term. Remember, the process needs to be a lifestyle change, not just a crash diet to hit your goal weight, and then go back to your pre-diet lifestyle.

You are not eating ENOUGH.  1000 calories is so little eventually your body thinks it;s starving and your metabolism slows, and thus your weight loss slows.