Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

How will Trump negotiate any deals with world leaders with that type of bombastic, childlike temperament?

He has brought peace to two regions of the world where the regular politicians thought it was not possible. He must have something going for him.

• Robert

Maybe he scared them into middle east peace.  Maybe the Mexicans and Canadians just tired of him when they re=did Nafta.  Maybe the world leaders respond to someone who is passionate about getting the most he can for his country even if they go back home and tell all the other world leaders that he's a pr*ck.  I'd rather have a pr*ck working to make my economic life better than an old codger who is polite and gives away the store at a prim and proper dinner party where people compliment him on his manners while he writes a check for the Green Dumb Deal to the world authority at my and your expense. 

Easy, they need us more than we need them. This is why they are pissed, after decades of taking advantage of us "stupid" Americans the president is making them pay their fair share.

I travel to Europe a lot, my wife is a resident alien so we go back to see her family, they way they used to laugh about us being the world's police, the World bank for loans, how we always help in disasters or if they get invaded. 

Now they are mad we are making them pay up for deals or we will leave and they hate it, they want to go back to the old system. 

But hey, that is OUR money, mine and your tax dollars going to these countries. NATO, WHO, all these world orgs.

I know Germany was pissed president Trump pulled troops out, what do they need us for, let the European union build an army to protect them from big bad Russia if they are worried, that cost them money for troops and equipment and by losing thousands of troops it hurts their economy.

meanwhile....a third landmark agreement is close to being inked in the Middle East.....

He can't. They already don't take him serously.

• Kerri

"bombastic, childlike temperament" ... excellent description.  The obvious answer to your question, because we have seen it several times, Trump walks out of the negotiation.  He doesn't get his way so he picks up his toys and goes home.