Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 3 weeks ago

Should I buy an Xbox series s or PlayStation 5?

Which one should I buy? 

• Erik
    Favorite Answer

PC Master Race?

You should buy the Playstation 5

I'll be getting the Xbox Series X because Original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One titles are all backwards compatible on the Xbox Series X running natively on the Xbox Series X hardware using the full power of the CPU, GPU and SSD with no boost mode or down clocking this means that backward compatible titles will look and even play better than they did on the original hardware. This means certain backward compatible games will run at 4k and 120fps as the Xbox Series X hardware can double or even triple the fps of the backward compatible title. On top of all that the Xbox Series X has the capability of adding HDR to backward compatible titles that didn't have HDR support including games from the original Xbox. Additionally all previous accessories from the Xbox One will automatically work on the Xbox Series X. Also in my experience Xbox Live has been far more stable and secure.

Far as I've seen personally the PlayStation 5 is barely a step-up from the PS4 Pro and only PS4 titles are backwards compatible and don't run natively on the PS5 meaning they won't use the full power of the CPU or GPU and will feature down clocking and boost modes plus PlayStation 4 accessories being usable for the PlayStation 5 is unlikely. Like I said before PSN hasn't exactly been reliable with Sony not even informing users their information was hacked until months later.

Just going by games I've found Xbox titles have more replay value than PlayStation which are normally one-and-done Naughty Dog narratives.