Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 3 weeks ago

Any legit reason why denim jeans cost about $70?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

No, m'hai, non, nein, iie, nyet, there is most certainly no legit reason whatsoever. It is just fashion designers and clothing makers scamming naive people. Most people cannot think for themselves, but there are many thieves who will do that for them while robbing them blind. I made an illustrated world history of clothing. Once, denim jean were worn only to work by manual laborers, e.g. cowboys. Denim is cheap and durable. Eventually, some thieving fashion designers proclaimed that jeans were is style, and we saw morons wearing jeans with sports jackets and ties. The trend for some years has been to become ever more Sloppy Casual. Most people wear jeans now. I never do, however. When I started to school, my parents dressed me in jeans, but when I was ready to begin Junior High, I insisted that they buy me wool pants, and I have worn them ever since. Jeans are ugly and hard to match with nay nice color. 

• 3 weeks ago

IIE mean No at Japan, that is robbery. Denim is cheap fabric certainly not worth 10% of $70. Most people cannot think for themselves, thus they mindlessly follow silly fads, e.g. paying much money for cheap denim jeans. Fashion designers give such people many silly ideas. I hear some idiots pay $475 for faded and ripped jeans, and some dumb celebrities wear them and look like homeless bums. 

• 3 weeks ago

no i never heard of that

• 3 weeks ago

Greed by the manufacturers.  I buy jeans for $10-$12.  No more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

levis jeans are around $100 and for  a reason, they last so long.

• Megumi
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

No, that is robbery, Jeans were originally work pants worn by manual laborers while working. Some fashion designer tyrants proclaimed that they would be fashionable in order to sell such cheap pants for the same prices as high quality pants. Too many people cannot think for themselves, so they allow fashion designers, the media and other thieves to scam them out of much money for cheap goods. Anyone who pays $70 or more for jeans is being swindled. I see I have one Thumbs Down. Someone loves being robbed. 

• 3 weeks ago

The ones I get cost twice that and I wish I knew why as well.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Because consumers are willing to pay it. Sad, but true.

• Fred G
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

It's all about the name.. Not much difference in quality and cost at the wholesale level.. For example the Oakley blades cost them $2.75 at the factory and they retailed for $140.. They did have a little extra cost for box, extra nose piece, cleaning cloth case.. But not that much more.. 

• Orla
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

The legit reason is greed. It's not moral but it's legal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.